Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Spinach!

I was always mistified in the university residence cafeteria when students would actually pick up the small side dishes that held a blackish slimey blob that someone identified for me as "spinach". I had heard of spinach, but I'm pretty sure I had never eaten it. And the way that spinach looked I wouldn't even sit near someone who had a bowl. Just in case.

Now that I'm grown, I have eaten a lot of spinach in salads and pasta dishes and even spanakopita. But, I still haven't been able to do plain old sauteed spinach despite my many friends' assurances that it's delicious. "Just sautee it with some garlic", "Squirt a little lemon", etc. Nope.

Until today. No photo this time, just a link to a really simple and delicious (yup, I just said that about spinach!) Spinach Saag. We had it with butter chicken, curried chickpeas, yellow rice, naan, chutney. YUUUUM!

From MyRecipes.com, Spinach Saag

Spinach - free high resolution photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...