Saturday, March 24, 2012

Much Too Early

We had FREAKISHLY warm weather last week - norms for this time of year in Ontario are around the 3C mark. It was at least 20C all week - 29C Wednesday I think. Lovely in a way but all the flowers are popping up and are about to be blasted with regular cold weather.


For instance, the forsythia in our yard is  starting to bloom - it's usually the latest in town blooming near the end of April or early May.



Crocii have just burst out in my front bed and the lilac buds are popping into leaf. Way too early! I even saw some irises (which always make me panic that summer is waning for some reason)  - they usually bloom here in June!


It's all too much too soon. And, almost two weeks of warm temperatures has meant today's return to cool (about 8C) felt desperately cold. My teeth were actually chattering while I stood talking with friends after breakfast. Eek.

PS Pictures this time are my OWN from my OWN garden and my new-to-me OWN camera (bought from my daughter after she bought a big fancy one).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...