Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snowdrops and Robins... Hope Springs...

Saw my first robin late last week and my first snowdrops on Sunday. Didn't have my camera (it's busted again- grrrr) so I give you this picture instead. These are always the first flowers of the season here in Ontario. Sometimes they even poke up through snow to bloom. Next we'll see some crocuses (crocii?) - if I find a camera that works I will take photos and keep you abreast of the developing spring.



It has been UNSEASONABLY warm this week. We are enjoying March break and the weather has been lovely. Around 15 C each day (!) and sunny. Today the sky is blue blue blue.

This is my favourite time of year in this house. The first morning that we slept here I awoke around 7:30 and the sun was attempting to blaze through the MANY curtains on the east side of the house. I tore down old dusty curtains as I made my way to the kitchen - bathroom curtains (yup, there was a tiny bit of peach in the wallpaper...too bad I never got a photo of the matching peach shower curtain getup-eek!), (bathroom now)
...balcony door curtain, small window on the stairs curtain, door to the side yard curtain and finally two sets of layered curtains in the kitchen - that matched the wallpaper no less!
Waaah! it was sooo green in there - green floor, counters, wall and windows! I still have this fabric - looking for the perfect project - I thought about a nice retro sun dress but the fabric is not in great shape so it needs to be a quick easy project. I have lined a few bags with it. (kitchen now)

The sun was glorious. There is always a lovely nostalgic feeling whenever the sun is at exactly that angle, and it happened this morning. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...