Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rue-barb

Ok, take the good with the bad, right? This week the lovely stonemason came to repoint, and replace many bricks, and fix parging in the basement. He did such a good job that he's lucky I saw the house when the bricks were missing or I'd be reluctant to pay him - check out the evidence below. This is GOOD. (I figure by the end of the summer it will be indistinguishable from the rest of the brick).

Not so good. This is the rhubarb patch that was against the wall where he was working. He did mention it to my husband but Joe said, "don't worry about it"(!). So, this is the result. BAD.

But it's a big freakin' patch and much of it was not mangled so here we see the sprouting rhubarb. GOOD.

I think I may be able to rescue the rest of the patch with a good application of compost and some love. I will start the love by sharing my Rhubarb Cheat Sheet. I got the idea for a recipe cheat sheet from Angry Chicken, the blog of Amy Karon. In fact, hers was the first real cake I ever made (i.e. not from a box of mix). Yummy. So, here is my Rhubarb Cheat Sheet in anticipation of repairing the patch in time for the Gilmour Street Garage Sale, traditionally the start of Rhubarb Season at our house.

(I just tested this and for some reason it is REALLY small so use the link to my original post to get a version that's big enough to read!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...