Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chartreuseum

A few days ago I promised a picture of the new flooring for the bathroom. It's Marmoleum and when my friend and flooring advisor MM and I went to pick it out we were oohing and aahing over all the colours and patterns. But, this one stuck for me. It is dee-lish. 

Plus, being all "natural" (made with linseed, resins, wood powder, backed by jute) you probably really could eat off it. And it smells lovely - takes me back to the time my mom was a 4H Homemaking club leader (I was too young to be in 4H so just hung about watching the cool older girls). It was in the seventies so the projects were cool - one was making lino-cut prints from linoleum which is basically the same as marmoleum. Hence the scent memory. That picture does not do justice to the colour, "chartreuse".  It is really lovely.  

 The jute backing. Nice.

This is what it is replacing although the colour is all wrong in this photo - it's off-shite (ha ha! typo) actually it's off-WHITE with gold swirls and fairly worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...