Monday, February 20, 2012

Winklepedia, Chapter 3

This installment of the Winklepedia comes courtesy of a cupboard that got filled with drywall detritus when they pulled down the ceiling. When I cleaned it up, I switched out a bunch of Kathie Winkle dishes into the "everyday" cupboard and put some others away in the sparkling clean "overflow" cupboard. This is the "greens and golds" batch.

Today's tour starts with "Renaissance".



A favourite (perhaps because it's rare to me - I only have one!), "Romany".



I think I posted the platter for this pattern earlier, but I love this one. Makes me feel like spring. "Capri".



This is "Michelle". I have a bunch of these because a friend called me on her cell from Value Village to ask how many of the 14 or 15 plates, bowls and sandwich plates I would take. I took 'em all!




Again, I only have a couple of these - one large plate, one saucer. It's sooooo seventies. Looks like my mom's wallpaper from that time. Called "Olympus".



Ok, this is officially from the "black and brown" group but I'm posting it here anyway, because it got photographed in this batch. I like the pattern but these plates are in poor shape. Someone had a crappy dishwasher or crappy detergent or? There are dark marks on the backs of these plates as if they rubbed on something. Still shiny though. "October".



I think this was the first Kathie Winkle plate I ever got. My husband bought it for me at a thrift shop in Toronto. It wasn't until years later that I noticed the signature and looked up Kathie Winkle on the internet. That was the start of a ... ok, I was going to say "quest" but it's more of a mad obsession, although lately I have been more tempered in my approach. (Ha! that only means I haven't found any lately. I still start every thrift shop visit in the dishes section. And I watch period movies closely during any dinner shots. And I'm documenting my stash...)
I give you, "Viscount".


And this is the same "Viscount" pattern but I am posting it because it is a different shape of sugar bowl from all the others I have.  The lid got broken at a mad party we had. The breaker took the lid to "fix it" and it never returned :(  so I found an ok replacement at St. Vincent de Paul. I hope some day to find a better fitting one - also it should have a flatter button-like knob. In the meantime it keeps the dust out.


Until next time...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...