Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bits of Home

My daughter bought herself a fancy new camera with money she made selling doll clothes through her Etsy shop, MonChatDansLaLune. (You may already know this because you read my rant about the cake photos...grrrr).

I decided to do a little poaching of my own. She's taken about 500 photos in the last two or three weeks, many in my house. I've skipped through them and found some that feature little bits of my home. For your viewing pleasure...


1. pile of old toys - my tin dollhouse from childhood, several windups I've bought my husband over the years, an old upholstered heart-shaped box with antique jacks from a great-aunt, and the prized tardis printed off the internet and folded into shape!


2. Closeup of the spokes of the indoor, winter-bike used in front of the tv for movie catch-up but more importantly a glimpse of the G-R-O-O-V-Y wallpaper circa 1972 in our "rec room".


3. chipped and crazed Winkle teacup and saucer waiting to be planted in the garden. It's sitting on top of my gardening box, which is some sort of old tool box that I bought at an auction for $2 along with some rusty loppers and two funny poles with stripy balls on top


4. Sheer kitchen curtains (salvaged from one of the many custom sets that were covering EVERY window in the house when we moved in) with two sheer aprons for zest.



 5. A glimpse from the kitchen through the "cubby" and into the front hall. On the right you can see the strip of wallpaper that was saved in the Great Kitchen Disaster of 2012 - it has all the kids heights from the day we moved in (boys 2, girl 5) to last month. It got a bit crowded in the middle so we now limit recorded measurements to once a year! The "cubby" is just the top of the basement stairs but has a cupboard and the phone and bulletin board, the so-called "Family Nerve Centre" according to Martha Stewart. There's a good photo of Joe at the barbershop in his 20s (top centre of this picture). Front hall you can't really see anything but maybe you can make out the DUST on the top of the door frame...


C'est tous pour le moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...