Monday, April 16, 2012

Soreno!

Ok, I admit that my brain did not un-fart itself - I resorted to re-researching a topic that I had researched before. The picture below is from an e-bay seller but until recently I owned one of each size of these jugs (although a longer story is hiding there to be told another day). This is the same series as C's salt and pepper shakers noted in the previous post.

These ultra groovy glasses from Anchor Hocking were also made in amber, turquoise, and clear, lots of sizes and shapes of glasses plus bowls, vases, jugs, and salt-and-peppers. A similar series called Lido had bigger uneven bubbles, was available in the same colours but also had a big ball-shaped jug that IS perfect for sangria as the lip holds the fruit in the bowl while you pour. Or so I'm told...

This is a picture from an etsy shop of the Lido jug in turquoise (my current one is avocado although I've had a gold one in the past... part of the long story for another day...)


PS I hate when the computer thinks it is smarter than me. Just realized the computer had changed "easy" (damn -there it goes again!) that was ETSY to easy. grrrrrrr!

Oops, the colour up there is actually aquamarine! See... (now I'm really stopping this post no matter what else I find!)
image from rubylane


OK, you know what, the middle jug might be the Milano style - flatter more open bubbles, the lido is more wormy looking and the sore no is the straight worms. (Damn! SORENO not sore no!) bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...