Thursday, April 26, 2012

Black Gold Mwahahah!

I just arrived home to this beautiful pile of compost that was delivered today by the city. This is what 3.5 yards looks like.
Of course, my immediate thought was "Can I take a personal day for compost redistribution?" I'm pretty sure it's not on the list of acceptable reasons but perhaps it's worth a try? I have been talking about ordering a load of compost for a few years now and I finally did it. The price is probably good but makes me blanch because I can make compost for NOTHING in my backyard. And I do, but  I can't make enough to keep my voracious gardens happy. This year though - ho ho - the veggies will be bountiful, the flowers will be vivacious, my back will be killing me...

And in other gardening news...
The rhubarb is growing like gangbusters - at this rate I may have my first rhubarb cake made in the first week of MAY!

The peas, are sprouting (despite the cement like soil that is dying to be amended by that lovely compost)...

and the first asparagus is tall enough (weird how it grows horizontally here in the northern hemisphere hey?)

 and about to be eaten! (Watch for our deliciosity rating post tomorrow.)

Cheers,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...